Tuesday, January 13, 2015

FICTION: The Thing About Grangirs Chapter 1


Another crash in the library sent the Students jumping. It was a lock down in the school, the 3rd this year. A lock down was when all the lights would go out and the doors would lock and it meant another creature has invaded the schools walls. The creature today was a Grangir, the worst of all the monsters that roamed outside of the barrier. Grangir's were towering creatures with long arms and short legs, it resembled the human world ape, it  a circular mouth lined with sharp fangs and a tongue that was as a bulls horn to stab it's prey. It was moldy green and shaggy long moss like hair, it smelt also, with a stench of rotten animals. One of the Mysticals had locked the creature in the library as it was roaming for children to eat.
I, of course, being the brave one that I was, was responsible for this tragedy. But let me explain, it was a dare. You see, how could I pass a dare? I was to go outside of the gates, catch a muis and bring it back without being caught. I got the little white puff by the leg too but then I heard the stomp of the fists of the massive Grangir’s in the soft soil. As I turned I could see it was 5 feet away on the other side of a bush. I knew that once it saw me it would attack without thought. I quickly ran, lightly, swiftly, but slightly clumsy. So I should say that
I smacked right into a tree. It heard the loud thud of my hard head against the tree and spun around and spotted me. I jumped up and screamed to the children waiting for me at the gates to
Open up. They were planning to play a trick and lock me out but when they saw what was chasing me they barley opened the gate and ran for the castle. I slipped through the little crack they left for me and turned thinking I was safe. I was wrong...soooo wrong. The Grangir was not scared of the spell the mystics placed on the gate, he threw open the gate cracking it in half still blasting at me. I made it through the front entrance of the dorm noticing the mystic guards were waiting for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment