Tuesday, January 13, 2015

fanFICTION: A Princess Bride: Waiting for Westley(Oct.6th, 2006)

He had left me today. I watched him walk from me. I stood wishing he would turn one last time. The time came when I could no longer see him. I turned to walk back to the cottage. Only horrid images going through my head. He’s screeching scream at sea as a blade hits his heart…no I mustn’t think these things. The sun has fallen, I must do my chores for night and get an early sleep, and maybe my dreams will comfort me.
It is in the middle of the night, the moon is bright against the unusably dark sky. I had awaked from a dream not long ago. I saw wetly covered in blood staring deep into my eyes. I stood motionless just staring down at him. Cold…watching him dies. This went on more cruelly…I barely can write this now. Tears stain the pages and smear the ink. In my dream also his last breathe with my name. Gasping for breath, choking on blood and spit. I looked to my right hand and at my dress after he had died. Red...A red dagger...red hands…I killed him and my face was still cold, motionless. I rose from my bed in a cold sweat. I passed back and forth across the floor in front of the fire. Was Westley dead? Had he gotten on the ship alright? Will I hear from him?
I stopped writing last because my hands were shaking. It is morning now and I write this on a stool in the corner of the cow stalls. I saw a messenger on the road…in fear of bad news I fled to hide. He is knocking on the cottage door now…I can’t hide forever.
The messenger found me. It took him a while. What lead him to me was when backing farther into a corner I sliced my arm on a stray nail out of the wood. He looked alarmed and frightened when he saw me. He approached me very gently. He bandaged my arm and led me to the cottage. I spoke. “Do you bare grave news?” He responded. “Malady, I do not wish you give you an answer at this moment.” I shrunk from him. To a corner beside the fire place. I huddled myself for warmth. I felt very cold and ill. He reached his hand out. I swatted him away and spat out “Get away from me you fealty mourn giver.” I shook frostily, glaring at him, knowing he wasn’t even responsible for the horrible news that could only be about my Westley. He backed away from me and kept his hands visible. When he reached the door he hung his head and announced. “Westley’s ship was attacked by pirates. D-Dread Robert’s...m-M’lady” And he fled as I reached for a pot above the wash bowl.
It’s been 2 nights since I wrote last. I had stayed in that same corner hugging the washing pot. Rocking and groaning, weeping. Inside I had died and I did not eat nor sleep it hope I would soon be dead also. Before I had sat down to write this I had gone into a fit of rage. I threw that washing pot, I struck the floor until my knuckle bleed. I screamed for Westley. “HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME AND DIE!” I cried, clawing the walls. Foul language spewed forth cursing Westley…Cursing myself…CURSING DREAD ROBERTS! My hands are red, my nails sawed raw. Bits of blood are staining the paper. Blood and tears that is all of left of me…

The Prince has asked me to marry him and I am to be showed off at the courtyard today. I am sitting behind a wall in a dressing room he had given me to get dressed in fine cloth. It’s been quite a long time since I had written last. A neighboring commoner found me bleeding to death in the stables. Gruesome things I had tried with the hook have to bleed the sorrow from me… I was pale and weak. The old woman cared for my wounds and feed me wheat mush. I slept…I slept and slept, too deep for any dream’s that would torture me. But it only took those last 4 minutes of slumber to awaken me when purpose in my life. In my dream I was being held by a lean man in a black girly shirt. I wasn’t frightened, but warm and smiling. I had curled up in his lap like a child hugging his neck. His face was a blur of flesh tone and a black stripe. I felt peace and love. When I suddenly awoke and the commoner was startled out of her chair I repeated the word’s he said. “Your one crazy b…” Oh well I forgot the rest but it was something important and should be held close to my heart.  I must be going, I hear my name, though still feel lonely inside maybe something good will come out of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment